Cyber – Your Specialist in Gas Leak Repairs
Gas powered appliances provide a wealth of benefits to your home, from energy efficiency to cost effectiveness and temperature control. As advantageous as they can be though, there is the added risk of a gas leak occurring in your home. Gas leaks pose a serious risk to your home and family, and need to be addressed by a gas plumber as soon as possible.
For expert gas leak repairs and detection services in your local area, you can rely on Cyber Plumbers. We provide skilled and experienced contractors who specialise in gas repairs to ensure that you and your family remain safe and protected in your home.
How Do I Detect A Gas Leak In My Home?
Gas leaks in and around the home can occur for a number of reasons. The most common are when a gas pipeline has become damaged or worn over time, or when a gas appliance has not been installed correctly.
The most telling sign you’ll notice first and foremost that there is a gas leak in your home is the smell. Natural gas piped into the home comes with a sulphuric smell, similar to rotten eggs. It’s not an odour that is naturally present in natural gas; rather it gets added before it reaches your home so it is easily detectable.
Other notable indicators of gas leakage include:
- Audible hissing or whistle-like noises you can hear near gas lines or appliances
- Intermittent functionality coming from those appliances
- Plants and grass in the garden are dying for no clear reason
- Feelings of nausea, headaches and dizziness in the occupants of the home (including any pets)
- An unexpected spike in gas bills
Should you identify any of these indicators in or around your home, your best course of action is to contact a specialist in gas leak repairs. But there are other important things to try and do in the meantime to protect yourself and your family.
What To Do While You Wait For Gas Leak Repairs
If you smell gas in or around your home, you will need to contact a gas leak repairs specialist to fix the problem. Immediately before you do so, though, you should do the following – only if safe to do so – to protect your home, your family and yourself.
- Switch off all pilot lights and appliances.
- Go to your home’s gas meter and shut off the supply.
- Maximise ventilation throughout your home by opening all doors and windows. Do not use fans to increase ventilation.
- Vacate the house and, from a safe distance, call a Cyber Plumbers gas plumber who specialises in gas leak repairs.
- Contact your local gas distributor to advise them of the leak. You’ll find their contact details on your gas bill.
Be sure to NOT use any electrical items (that includes light switches), open flames, torches or phones (landline or mobile) as all can easily ignite the gas and make a risky situation worse.
Gas leak repairs are in no way a DIY job and should only be attended to by a licensed and skilled gas plumber. When you’re searching for ‘gas plumbing near me’ to find a trusted gas repairs provider, trust Cyber Plumbers.
Cyber Plumbers – Quality Gas Repair Service Specialists
For gold standard gas leak repairs that protect you and your home, you can rely on the experience and skill of Cyber Plumbers’s gas plumbers. We come to you with state-of-the-art detection technology that locates the source of the gas leak and enables us to provide the best service with maximum ease.
- Our fully licensed and insured technicians update their skills and knowledge with regular training and development.
- We offer 24/7 availability so you can call us to fix a gas leak emergency day or night, any time, any day – including weekends and holidays.
- Cyber Plumbers’s fixed price guarantee ensures you pay the same price for gas leak repairs no matter when you need us, whether it’s 3pm on a Tuesday or 3am on a Sunday.
- You also pay by the job, not by the hour.
- Time is of the essence when there is a gas leak so we aim to be at your home within one hour of your call*.
- We offer interest free** payment terms.
- 12-month workmanship warranty.
- Certificate of Compliance issued with all gas leak repairs, showing it was conducted by a fully licensed gas plumber.
In addition to detecting and repairing gas leaks, we can also assist with carbon monoxide detection to ensure there is no presence of this lethal gas in your home.
Interest Free** Gas Leak Repairs
A gas leak typically occurs in the home either suddenly and without a moment’s notice, or slowly and subtly over time before making itself apparent unexpectedly. Either way, they’re not normally an occurrence that people put aside money for in anticipation.
Cyber Plumbers understands that gas leak emergencies happen when least expected. It is precisely why we offer flexible payment plans to help with the cost of gas leak repairs.
Partnering with finance providers Humm and Zip, we’re happy to provide a range of convenient interest free** payment options, some even with zero deposit required. You also have the flexibility to choose to make repayments weekly, fortnightly or monthly. Some plans even accept a $0 deposit, so you pay nothing upfront.
Call Us Day Or Night For Comprehensive Gas Repairs
Cyber Plumbers is ready and available to assist with detecting and fixing gas leaks in your home. No matter what time you need us – day or night, weekday or weekend – we’re here to help with your gas leak emergency.
Save yourself the hassle of searching for ‘gas plumbers near me’ and get in touch with Cyber Plumbers for gas leak repairs you can trust.